Car Accidents

WinKE55

Well, some of us like me don't mind showing a bit of pictures from a car accident. So maybe if anyone would like to share their stories and maybe pictures?

I'll start with mine.

Pretty much Skyline, R33. Going too fast and the driver had bald tryes. We took the corner 2nd from the top a little too fast and we eventually under steer straight into the safety rails.

We walked away fine with just some bruises on my neck and stomach =]

post-4763-1201090601_thumb.jpg

post-4763-1201090622_thumb.jpg

post-4763-1201090632_thumb.jpg

post-4763-1201090644_thumb.jpg

Edited by WinKE55

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ WinKE55: Overconfidence in the ATTESA ETS system?

I backed the Hatch into a roadworks sign once, nearly the council worker behind it too, I scratched my bumper, wrecked the sign, and got a WTF look from the council worker, I apologised profusely, bent the sign back into shape (sort of) and moved the car into a mates driveway 20 odd feet away down the road........ Boy did I feel stupid....... I just honestly didn't see the sign or the guy........ Right in my blind spot......... Lesson learned.

3 incidents i have been in.

1st: I was 14, helping my mum out by starting the car to warm it up for her, turned the ignition and the car was still in gear, went into shed that was 1m away. even though handbrake was still on. (Landcruiser)

2nd: I was 15, reversing my aunties commodore out of the driveway so dads mate could get out, was watching the nose of the car didnt hit the fence as i swung it around, and wasnt looking behind me and found telegraph pole (speed = foot off brake in auto)

3rd: Turned right at a really bad angled intersection in busy traffic (safe gap), as you come out there is a set of traffic lights 20m away, commodore wagon that had just passed was stopping for the light which had changed to red, was double checking gap didnt notice he had stopped. I looked, saw, jumped on brakes, nudged his towbar. No damage to either cars, thank god. (speed = less than 15kph)

come on Everyone we have not even seen any blood or mutilated body's yet.

BANG!! it did leave a little scratch on the bull bar, this was a work car i had the pics emailed to me by my boss whilst home with concussion and having flash backs of the accident., nice boss hey.

The others have my blood splatter all over the interior best not to post them.

post-3388-1201094654_thumb.jpg

Edited by KE30_KE35_KE55

I was passenger in my first car, the Xtra Funky XF, when it was put into a power pole head on at 60. Never even got a picture of her.

Twas lucky Id had about 3 beers down let me tell you. The power pole was at about 45 degrees, and sunk deeply into the car. We got out, I felt fine. Then the woman driving the car said, "oh god your cut" and so I was. I was in a bit of shock. I had punched a hole through the windscreen with my jaw. Only about 3 inches from the pillar too. Ambulance came. Many thanks to anonymous Mr Fist aid McGuyver who ran out of the park to help me. Never got your name, but thanks mate. Had my 2 weeks in hospital, skin grafts and plenty o'pethidine and I fully recovered after about 10 weeks.

Had a lot of shredded skin under my jaw, stitches on my face, staples all over the place, and I couldn't move my head for a couple of days. There are a few days, probably the first three that are really hazy. Ive got a f@$king big scar under my chin. Doctor said I was 1 cm from cutting my jugular. I didn't even chip a tooth, or break a bone somehow. Hit my shoulder pretty hard against the door too, and split it open but no fractures thankfully. My shins were also popped open on the dash too, as the glove box was smashed by my legs.

So what have I learned?

Don't let anybody drive your car, even if your half cut. XFs take a good punch. Also, power poles cost over 1200 dollars to erect at 9:30 at night in Toowoomba. And don't ever swerve for wildlife, thats what caused it to happen. Bad driving really. I'm a nervous passenger these days, I probably always will be too.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

when i was 19 i went around a corner too quickly (80kph) in my '67 mini with 4 wheel drum brakes. to my suprise there was a bus parked there which i couldn't avoid, rear ended it and got stuck under the back of the bus. a machinery transport truck which was hooning behind me tore me out from under the bus and took me a fair way down the road.

i blacked out after seeing the bus and trying to nudge my way into the middle lane, but woke up in the ambulance to the dropping jaws of the ambulance dudes. when we arrived at the hospital my mum and my girlfriend were already there waiting for me; i was trapped in the wreck for a fair while, unconscious.

I ended up only recieving bruising and a hairline fracture on the skull, but I was thanking God because when the ambulance dudes saw the crash scene they swore i was dead.

so moral of the story - don't speed around blind corners and don't neglect to adjust your crappo four wheel drum setups.

i've only been involved in one incedent. my freind was driving his gemini around a sharp 90 degree turn. he thought he that 85kmph would be a good speed. 45 or 50 would have been appropriate. anyway we cleaned up a storm drain then a telephone pole. we walked away uncathed but the car was awrite off.

the crazyiest crash i have seen would be when my freind did an end to end job on his VN wagon. he had just bought the berlina wagon and was in the proccess of trasnferring the rego and getting it roadworthy. it had been knocked back because of a few small things and the fact that the rear panhard bushes were completely non existent. anyway 2 days later he's burning down this straight stretch of road that runs along the back of the suburbs and and at 190kmph the whole diff (slightly vague on the rear suspension setup of this car but somethin let go) just shifts and throws the car into the death wobbles then it goes end to end down the road for about a hundred and fifty metres. the diff got ripped out all the front suspension torn off and the only part off the car not sqaushed flat was a metre by metre cube around the driver. all themergency services couldnt believe that he only recieved minor cuts and bruises and a fractured right arm. i've got phots at home soomewhere i'll see if i can dig them out. the car looks like a pancake.

my first crash was at the age of 13 in a mates berlina kill car i was flying around his hay shed (sideways of course) and the rears hooked up in a rut plowed it straight into the redgum pillars on the shed don't kno how fast i was going as earlier that day we took out everything in the interior (besises the drivers seat) to try and lighten it after a bottle of red cordial and some grand tourismo2 i had nasty whiplash and a broken wrist from where my hand came off the wheel and smacked the windscreen

the car still runs.

i watched my mate in his VK reverse into the EL wagon i was driving. he thought he'd reverse a bit to let someone enter the servo we were leaving.

lost control of the gf's lancer on dirt road lined with 4-5 metres deep of 10-15cm diameter trees...took the corner at around 95, the road was recommended 60. the arse picked up and swung around, ended up diagnal across the gravel embankment that was left after a previous grading about 2 weeks prior. it was the reason we didn't hit the trees.

no less than 2 months later, the lancer got rear-ended. she was stopped at lights, lady came along about 20 seconds later, wasn't paying attn and only managed to slow down to about 50 from 90...lovely early exxcel shaped dint in the back, you could put half of a bonnet under the back of the lancer.

not mine, but saw a WRX being driven thru work on a tow truck, looked like he backed into a powerpole at around 50-60. the only damage to the car was a shape of the pole in the middle of the boot, going in as far as the roof. i lol'd alot at that.

I've only had two crashes.

First...

This was my first car. It was dads driving school car until he had a heart attack and had to stop driving/working. So I took over the repayments.

On a rainy day I ran into a Torago after the car infront pulled out. Since the car infront wasn't braking and the torago was stationary, I couldn't stop in time. One year after the police decided to issue me with a fine for speeding. Like WTF

Before.

post-1158-1201138548_thumb.jpg

After

post-1158-1201138562_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1201138575_thumb.jpg

Lolla. On a day out to the wreckers with my mates I rear ended a 4x4.

Before

post-1158-1201138624_thumb.jpg

After

post-1158-1201138675_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1201138689_thumb.jpg