Your Best "bargin"

Evan G

Not as amazing as some of the other steals in here, but I got a KE55 parts car for $200 that just happened to come with a 4KEU internal-ignitor electronic dizzy (people pay $150 for these alone) and completely uncracked perfect-nick dash-pad (also $100+), plus a bunch of spares needed for Billie, sold the engine and some extras for $80, set of 13" Hotwires for another $80, and then got it picked up by the wreckers for free.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that I left my 1/4" drive ratchet and 10mm socket in there, so it has cost me down the road somewhat :)

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anything to do with my 71, 300 bucks for a non rusty unmolested complete car, my dyno tuned new 45mm webers and manifold ended up costing about 300, bought and rebuilt my gearbox for 300, wheels, all 6 owe me 300, dizzy controller was 300, the twincam seca i got for the engine change was 300, my 2008/9 pioneer headunit i got for just over 300 (was 800). the only expensive thing to date is the brand new jdm rwd setup.

oh the good old jcw kits, i used to work at beamer lasy year, i thought they just jcw kits only on the turbo minis? 5 grand for 15 kw

unless theres a new jcw kit?

no, the original Mini supercharged Cooper S had a JCW kit which definitely had new cylinder head, supercharger, exhaust and ECU (and possible other bits too). The facelift ones are turbo and I have no idea what is contained in its JCW kit.

Ke36 panel van, on gas, modified high energy ignition, electric fan ect ect FREE!

Ke30 early $400 drove for 2 years stripped for parts and sent to the wreckers

Ke20 early flat front $250 with mags running from U pullit drove for 3 years, spend 8 bucks on fan belt, gave away

Ke25 1 owner family unmolested $100 still have and sunk money into

6 person out door spa heated $100 googled prices worth over $8000

RT142 corona full package if you know your coronas $500 one owner family husband was a mechanic extremely well looked after sold for $800 to a family member so i sorta still have it.

whats else ummm

JZA80 supra non turbo 22,000 at the time, the market was comanding a minimum of 28-30k for these but that was a long time ago.

Just the other day, not as much of a bargain as everyone else here has scored but pretty farken good.

Datsun 720 ute, one owner, overrated condition, open the bonnet the engine still looks new, overrated dashpad, no rust, canopy, rhino racks, good tyres, 9mths rego. Seller wanted $1550 I got it for $1400

Already turned down two offers of above $3k, this thing drives like its new, I am not parting with the old girl, just going to keep it polished and use it daily like the old fella I bought it off did.

my ke70 sedan was free.

First car was an unbreakable ke70 panno with sunroof $350.

Got another unbreakable ke70 panno for $500.

67 rt40 corona with 48000miles $500.

Got a genuine tom's racing steering wheel for $25 from cash converters.

Free pioneer mp3/cd player.

And not car related but i scored a $1500 ibanez bass guitar for $500

Edited by h1_roll4

Complete ke20 tacho dash, full fake woodgrain including glovebox, heater control panel etc for $25 from memory.

A 3k-b carby set up complete including linkages and air cleaner for $25

A ke26 for $90

A ke20 for $50 delivered to Ballarat from the other side of Melbourne (2+ hours). Fitted battery and used in a motorkhana the next day. Sold the mags back to the guy for $20 later :blush:

10 mags for $150 - all matching

a ke55 - wanted $250 for the 5 speed, got the whole car for $200

5k for $100

• 2 weeks later...
no, the original Mini supercharged Cooper S had a JCW kit which definitely had new cylinder head, supercharger, exhaust and ECU (and possible other bits too). The facelift ones are turbo and I have no idea what is contained in its JCW kit.

pretty sure the new ones have the same kit but for the turbo....

and the 15kw is very very noticable...

supercharged ones go harder anyways lol

i work at Bmw :jamie:

and i never get bargins lol..... did con my old boss into buying me an xbox 360 when they were new with -3 new games - 2 controllers-charge packs-steering wheel-bigger hard drive and extended warrenty-surge stopper power board($180) though... but thats about it haha i was stoked :yes:

Edited by nichy

• 5 months later...