Ke25 On Top Gear Australia !!

Gavclassic

Members dont see this ad

but thats a good vehicle review, a genuine compare and contrast.

which as i understand is how top gear started.

but theyve now moved onto the new format of entertainment, which is what top gear australia is aiming to copy.

they are neither informative or highly entertaining, which is the problem...

they have the format to work with, but not the personalities to make it work.

ruined 3 perfectly good classic cars.

As opposed to the British version, which treat the cars they buy with the utmost respect and care.....

Like that one episode where Jeremy buys a Rolls Royce Silver Shadow and proceeds to drive it into a public swimming pool trying to channel Keith Moon.

Just going put this out there... I believe the corolla won. Back to the subject of the show, It's so scripted the hosts have an akwardness when they speak. Does my head in, put some more 2 and a half men on, I could watch repeats of that all day and still be entertained.

Top Gear Australia,what a crock,was unimpressed the first episode but thought I would give it a second chance,shouldn't have bothered. I guess as a franchise of the UK version they are really required to follow the format pretty close but these guys are just pathetic,awkward and you just have to wonder how much they really do know about cars. Their test track for the guest drivers time trial is really poorly designed and doing it in a ute (as aussie as it may be) is just stupid.Love the UK version,watch it whenever I can,re-runs and all,lets hope thatt if they are going to keep it up they get their act together otherwise it wont last long..

i honestly think it wasnt that bad last night, yes it has not got the hilarity of the english one,but it was still amusing and there was some entertainment value, the english one after, a rerun non the less, was hardly any more exciting really...

You know what?

I've been a TopGear fan for years now, and I get excited to wait for TopGear Australia!

I don't think the acting is too bad, and even if it is, surely if you're as much of a car fan (or top gear fan) as I am you can see past that! As with heaps of shows and movies these days!

I LOVE the fact that my favourite show ever is being given the chance to be Australian! And even if it's not perfect, when it is, what could be better!!

And yes I do agree with The overrated KE70, selling them off and donating the money to charity is a great idea!

And seeing cars we love get trashed and make us angry gives us something to be angry and laugh about in the future! Just seeing the dent in the drivers door in the 25 was heartbreaking, but I love that! I'm on the edge of my seat the whole time going "Don't scratch it. Don't scratch it!!!"

"Eating pies, that's fun. Going to the pub, that's fun. Digging out a car, that's not fun." I had a chuckle!

Did you see the Rolla pull out the HQ? ROLLA POWA XD

If you don't like it, don't watch it and spare us reading your b*tching.

Peace, Toby.

Edited by Nostalgia
  • Upvote 1

If you don't like it, don't watch it and spare us reading your b*tching.

Peace, Toby.

Amen brother. Sounds like you have prety much the same opinion as me..... "Any topgear is good topgear".... espeacially compared to some other programs they call enterainment these days. :rolls: