Everything posted by Bowler
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
AHHH...right, cheers for that. Did early ke70 seats have inflatable lumbar support too? I'd like to keep them, but if I don't have the movement to flip forward i require, then they might have to be exchanged for some 2 door ones... But yeh, it was a very lucky find - I'm stoked about it, and I can't wait to get it onto the road, and into camper mode. Yeh, ideas are still being floated about the cruise, as to destination, how many people might actually turn up, but I'll look into those sorts of things after its on the road...
-
Cool Cars That Aren't Rolla's
Ummm...Uh...oo...Ah...what Budowski said...
-
Are My Ears Gonna Bleed If I Go 4 Speed Instead Of 5 Speed?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll need a box out of a 70 for it to line up, but as people before have done, nothing an angle grinder can't fix...
-
Trent's 1978 Ke36 Windowless Panelvan
Nice pickup - good simple plans too. Should be a good little ride when your finished
-
Rob Roy Hillclimb
I might be interested in this - what time is it?
-
Hiroshima Screamer Cruise! Re-run 1st November
WOOO, I actually own a car that qualifies for once. :yes: Lets just hope that Geelong don't make it, eh? nah...Carn the Cats
-
Tocau National Meet! June 6th - 8th [melb]
I've already stated my appreciation towards you Andy, but it really was an enjoyable event. I'm filthy that I had to work on saturday, and missed the show and shine (including seeing daves baby again, matts beauty, and the celicas...), but ah well. there'll be another time Cheers
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Haha, there's no need to repay. I believe I shall be needing to pick brain in future...I'll consider that as repayment, heh
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Cheers mate...well, I'll reimburse somehow, but probably go the white - to match the logos, heh
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Ok, Cheers. The ones in there at the moment have been taken from some car where the seat is quite easy to flip forward. They also have a bit of support, albeit if I have to sit a little higher. But as I say - I'll have to wait till next week to actually have a decent look/measure to see what I'm working with, then have to tee up a time to compare them against the 55 seat.
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Don't you need it for your vehicle? I have a couple of RC's logos to go on the side...but i'll save them for the start of the meet, eh? make it official, haha
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Cheers Matt. Yes, the steering might need a tighten up - i think its had a little bit of mechanical neglect over the time the last bloke had it - its not that bad, but i'll get it checked all the same. I was actually contemplating a cruise to initiate it into RollaClub, spanning a night somewhere...ie, the Camper Initiation Cruise...
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
I'm not sure - we shall have to have a look, and compare. Either way - I'm trying to figure out fridge placement - but i'll need to have a good look at what I'm working with first - and that wont happen till next week... :y: ...damn exams
-
Cool Cars That Aren't Rolla's
Where's the Leyland Mini Panelvan in all this? the one with the exterior wood garnishes... ;)
-
Ae102r Stock Steering Wheel Removal
did you remove the nut on the end of the spline that holds the steering wheel on?
-
Strut Bracing
From my experience on an ae92, the recess is there for the whole location, but the metal isn't thick enough to get a good thread tapped. I drilled, then got my hand in behind for the nut, and washer to secure it.
-
Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.
Good to hear Ollie is coming along nicely...will be following this closely. Do you have any plans for the back?
- Word Association
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Cheers for the support. Nope, no troubles getting it to Geelong last night - although I must admit that it is going to take a little while to get use to the recirculating ball steering again. Outside of that, she just purred all the way home. Very, very satisfying van... edit: the steering is a little...well...loose around centre, so might need to look at pitman arm replacement. And on the bedding front. I had a thought about having a hinged "extension" behind the seats. So to increase length, put seats forward flip up section, legs fold out, and hey presto - LENGTH!
-
Matt'S 7K Ke30
Nice man she'll look sweet for tomoz. Unfortunately, i'll miss this due to work, but i'll catch up with you on sunday for the cruise, eh?
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
You want my dodgy thrust bearing?
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
I know you;d like 1.5l of something...just can't remember what it was...
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
<edit> So have found someone compact enough, so vetting no longer required ;)
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Ok, thats good to know - head up the front or the back? Yeh, i think the trick to sharing, will be to find somone compact enough, lol.
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Cheers. Yeh, i'm about 6'1", so i'll be pushing it too, but hey, if i can fit in the back of the nova alright, and can even do with more than one, then a panelvan should be luxurious...although not quite as spacious as my old XD Falcon...