Everything posted by Bowler
-
Spotted Vic
Spotted: KEhendo's mighty beasts, outside his house yesterday. those racing stripes on that honda of yours, :)
-
5th Gear Jumps Back To Neutral
I've heard its a common problem with wear on the c50/2 transmissions. I'm not sure if a rebuild of some description is required when this occurs.
-
888 Vodafone Jumps Camp To Holden
Australian Touring Car Championship...Ie - days of Group C, etc... but also the days of bmw's racing toyota's, racing rx7's...Race on suday, Sell on Monday
-
888 Vodafone Jumps Camp To Holden
Couldn't agree wth you more!
-
888 Vodafone Jumps Camp To Holden
Looking at the catagory, it is sad that there are no longer "ford" and "holdens". But outside of that, the workmanship that has gone into the shell of that car (given that they have chopped about 100mm out of that rear door area) is astounding, and a real credit to their fabrication skills. They'll make great hotrod choppers at some stage.
-
Raising/lifting An Ae95 Wagon
To my knowledge, Kingsprings make a raised spring for off-road usage. I'm unsure however as to the type of shock you'll need to employ for it's usage, or whether you can get away with retaining the original shock.
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Isn't that the 6-pack you owe me already :)...
-
Ke10 Biggest Turbo Ever
Not even Iran and North Korea would be game enough to test an engine with 2 of those turbo's.... As Red said, Wow....
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Cheers, will do! Also, forgot to say before that I've managed to find an SR dash to suit. But I need to repaint the dials (thanks to the previous owner), change one of the clear plastic covers, and consult a plastic welder (it looks to have been close to heat at some point, so the fascia is a little flat in one of the dial surrounds).
-
Patch - The Ke36 Camper
Cheers. Here's hoping everything will work out. Not really planning to do much to the 5k, outside of maybe a carb and possibly a cam regrind, but that'll be down the track a little bit. I'm struggling to find time to look at it of late (ah, I love this time of year wrt uni work). I did however have half an attempt of fitting the hoses/lines for the air con, and got to the evaporator (? - heat exchanger that sits in front of the radiator) and realised that I will have to alter the mounts to suit the ke30 front end (which has a narrower radiator opening than the donor ke55). but once again, in due time. I have fixed the tailgate lock so that it now works properly, and I have also fixed the indicators. I have sourced the intermittent wiper circuitry (cheers Jip), and the air con pump (once again Jip) and mount (Curly), so have those sitting there patiently to install. Before I do that however, I need to get myself a water and fuel pump, because while I'm attacking that side of the engine, I might as well tick a couple of things off the list first. Then bodywork/service, and it should be almost right to start thinking about a roady. Cheers mate. Yeah, I got lucky with the amount of rust in it, but its one thing to have a vehicle in reasonable shape, but I really need to pull my finger out and get it fixed. But in due time I spose :P
-
New Bmw
It's errr...curvaceous, or is that muscular. Kinda like a midget body builder on steroids - something that in reality doesn't look right...yet I can't look away
-
Omg Excel
O M F G!!1 That thing is... Nuts Awesome Beautiful (for the idea of a small, rwd car that has been converted from front) Truly, truly mental. Such a shame that you wont be registering it....I'd like to see the cops face when they pull you up the first time and find the cage... but all the same, much respect for doing a proper job on it... Lol...too true.
-
Holden By Name, Corolla By Default
Cheers mate. It is a labour of love. since the last photos, I've fixed up the rear garnish, and put in clear bar lamps at the front. Just about to de-amber the corner lights when I get half a chance too. Outside of that there isn't really any update to it. I just need to save, so I can get the pano on the road, and eventually go a GE in this.
-
4afc Engine
That is not supposed to be there. Looks like someone has attached an aftermarket filter (aka pod) onto it, and that adaptor is what remains. the standard filter housing should fit where the adaptor is fitted on top of the carby. Likewise, there should be a breather hose that runs into the bottom of the filter housing from the breather filter on the valve cover.
-
Torquay Car Show - November 1st
I might be up for this one - gives me an excuse to drop by the folks and say g'day too
-
2tg Fuel Consumption
He drives it like a grandma...so no realy question about too much right clog... :)
-
2010 Great Ocean Road Trip. Aka Gor4!
Don't get too excited, we all know how he ended up... Personally, I'm thinking more along the lines of Kent Bruce excitedness
-
My Ae71 Wagon
Haha, yeh. People said thee was a bloke looking for me, and I thought it might have been your good self. I only work Friday's, and Saturday's...
-
My Ae71 Wagon
*Points in Amazement* - 'Thats not a KE!?! You lied!' hehe, but all the same, great pickup. Yet another ae71 wags patrolling the scene. Get in touch with BlindKidSseeks as he has just bought himself the same car, and has gone through the whole lowering/wheels, etc...
-
Places For A New Windscreen
Mr Windscreen in Albert St, Preston are pretty good too. did a reasonable job, and not too expensive
-
My Ae82 Hatchback
Corolla's did come out as a 2l...they were however running on chip oil...
-
Hiroshima Screamer Cruise! Re-run 1st November
I think I might be out for this one too, as I just could not get the pano ready in time. Matt, did you find out what was wrong with the car? Might you trust me with it that weekend? :jamie:
-
Are You A New Vic Member?
Another in hawthorn - Good to see. Welcome
- Photo Shop Request
-
Johno's 86 Corolla Seca
OOOO, good to see some progress. pity bout the carport although for a temporary one, it's done alright. we do sell replacement roof covers, just no the sides, although nothing a few shillings and some standard tarps can't fix.