Everything posted by Raven
- Cruise 2/1/11
-
Radiator Sales
The place Luke is referring to in the city is Motor Radiators or NATRAD as most people call them. They're one of my customers and do a bloody good job. Being down South, I know for a fact that Southern Radiators do a good job as well as they're also one of my customers. I suggest you give them both a call and see which one is cheaper :)
-
Gorc 2011
Nah he's piking it again for another year. Only gonna be us two cos everyone else are slack mofo's!
-
Strange Rear Wheel / Axel Problem
I did mention the pins holding the spider gears right under where I posted the diagram ;) Good to see its all sorted :)
-
Working A 5K
Just question your source of information for your view on hydraulic cams? Hydraulics and solids have VERY different grinding techniques. The 5K I'm selling as a Wade Cams 242A Grind Hydraulic Cam in it with Anti-Pump Up Lifters. The only reason people convert to a solid cam grind is for high rpm use. If you're not going to rev the ring out of it, stick with hydraulic lifters. The stock hydraulic lifters are also good for 8000rpm. Ask Coln72. He used to compete in dirt events with his KE20 and has first hand experience. Get Jono1986 to take you for a spin in his KE35 once he's fitted up the engine and got the twin dellorto's on it ;)
-
2011 Great Ocean Road Trip. Entry List Up!
Sweeeeeeeet. I'm almost ready to rock n roll. Just gotta sort out my front mount intercooler in the next couple of weeks.
- Gorc 2011
-
Tume's Vs Statesman Series Ii
Just tryin' to look out for ya so you don't get ripped off dude :)
-
Strange Rear Wheel / Axel Problem
You'll do it and say to yourself "why didnt I do that the first time!" Then you'll thank us in beers and cheers :P Haha, let us know how you get on.
-
Tume's Vs Statesman Series Ii
I'd want that in writing ;)
-
Strange Rear Wheel / Axel Problem
Yep, bolt the drum on back to front onto the axle and give it a wack with a mini sledge hammer. Should drop out ;)
-
Adelaide
There is the Grange Train-line. I'm 5 mins to the train stop and 6 mins by train to the train station. Buses are pretty simple too, depending on the area. I'd really consider the outer suburbs around the city centre as you'll have a heap more space and probably secure parking.
-
Strange Rear Wheel / Axel Problem
Just to give you an idea, those pins that hold the spider gears can cause issues. This is the basic layout of the Banjo (Jap) Diff. Pretty simple to pull apart, if you need a hand, let me know. :)
-
Strange Rear Wheel / Axel Problem
Also got a spare complete diff if required, but its a little noisy from memory, and that was outta my KE25.
-
Gjm85'S Ke20 Build
Looks the goods. Needs more dash pics. I want to see the fitment ;)
-
Gorc 2011
That was me. Speedo was out in the red rocket and I didnt know, hence the speeding fine. Speedo is dead on accurate in the Chaser though, so it shouldnt happen this time.
-
Tume's Vs Statesman Series Ii
I sell parts for these on a daily basis. Just make sure you enforce the warranty part if something does happen :)
-
Strange Rear Wheel / Axel Problem
I'd be more inclined to say you may have a few teeth missing on the spider gears. Being a Jap diff, it may pay to pull out the centre and inspect it.
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
Brand new ;) Customer in town rebuilds the KAAZ/Cusco centres. Up to you, but I know I wouldnt want extra weight slowing me down ;)
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
You do realise I can get parts out of Japan yes? Not only that, Cusco, Tomei and KAAZ make brand new centres to suit a T-series, I could have a new centre landed at your door for under a grand. Picking up a T-series is $250 bucks at a guesstimate. Grab one out of a TE72. Then its just a matter of changing over the mounting points. Pretty cheap if you ask me ;)
-
Tume's Vs Statesman Series Ii
Did you know that all L67's spin rod bearings? I warned my cousin against getting an L67-powered VT Calais and he didnt listen. Week and a half later it blew and ate the crank and all. $6000 later and new engine has been built and guess what, it'll do it again. I say quick fix it and piss it off ;)
-
Slo-038 + 10Psi
$700ish to shorten an R31 diff, but it will add more weight to the rear and being as its a cone-style LSD, they tend to open wheel a fair bit when the wear out. T-series on the other hand would be a better option as all thats required to fit it up is having the spring mounts changed from coil to leaf and thats about it. Then you have the option of a 1/1.5 Way LSD or a 2-Way LSD if you feel like hitting the track and going for a slide and a heap of ratio's to choose from.
-
Gorc 2011
Sure we do. He's just being an ass :P
-
Gorc 2011
And the state speed limit is 100km/h ;)
-
Event Attendance Discussion
Well, you do play with cars as a job, so it's kind of inevitable that cars do end up taking a back seat from time to time. What would people like to see happen this year? Club events such as car shows? Cruises? Camping trips? Day trips? Working bee's? Throw your ideas out there. If you're new to Rollaclub, tell us what you would like to see and/or do. I'll keep updating this post with everyone's ideas over the next week and then we'll poll those ideas and see what sticks with mostly everyone and what doesnt.