Everything posted by Raven
-
Project 10.
*likes* I must admit the colours in that engine bay look great!
-
Spotted
Yeah that was my first impromptu meet at 9.30 to catch up with those that could haha. If you still want those parts for your car, I have a heap left and can still get dash pads in ;)
-
Spotted
Spotted Tally tonight at Cafe De Villi's! Looking good dude. Just needs a few extra things sorted out ;)
-
13Bt_Ke20's Ride
Hey dude, havent heard from you in a while. Any more progress?
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Yeah I wasnt a huge fan of the interior to begin with, but its grown on me. The series two interior is a little better, but I prefer the series one tail lights.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
They don't come cheap! Mine is a little worn on the suspension side of things. I just had the front castor rod bushes replaced today as they were shot, and that's gotten rid of the front end clunk under acceleration and braking that had developed over the last few days. Also had my mechanic mate set-up the front coil-overs a bit better than I had while it was on the hoist. All thats really left to do for the time being is sort out getting a front mount intercooler and then replacing the rear diff bushes that flog out on these too with solid TRD items. I also need to get the dash lift fixed as well. A windscreen remove and replace is $110. Rear tyres need to be sorted as well, another $300. Intercooler is worth $660 delivered. Rear bushes probably looking at $350 delivered and fitted. So yeah, still got a bit to go, but slowly getting there!
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
I haveny blacked our the grille... I just removed the badge.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
I wouldnt say fun, not the first few times it came on boost and caught me off guard..... Scary came to mind instead :P I'm fairly used to it now though. It doesn't bite the foot that feeds it fuel so much these days because I've adjusted my driving style. Handles pretty damn well and the strut brace made a world of difference with turn-in, thats for sure. But when provoked, the rear end steps out and its a little sketchy because it runs a Torsen-style LSD. That will get changed to a 1.5 way LSD later on next year. :) And yes, the smoked corners and clear side indicators are a HUGE improvement on the looks. The tint job makes it look even better, but I havent gotten around to putting picks up yet as I have to go back and get a window fixed cos they didnt do it properly.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Haha, yeah, Jarad actually told me to have a look at them as I was on the hunt for a JZA80 TT Manual. So I test drove this one and havent looked back since :)
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Thanks guys :) Yeah, there will be mods. My next one is Trust Greddy Front Mount Intercooler. After that, it will probably be time to sort out a boost controller and start making a little more power, even though its not exactly slow in its current form. 0.9bar of boost pressure and I havent touched anything except free up the exhaust a little. At the moment its more or less how I bought it.
-
Ravens 1997 Jzx100 Chaser
Hi All This is the reason I've decided to bow out of the corolla game for the next few years. Mods: - Factory Manual - HKS Panel Filter - HKS Turbo Back Exhaust - Amuse ETCS - Blitz URAS Racing DC II Gauges Wheels: AVS Model T7 - Front: 18x8 +38 - Rear: 18x9 +45 Suspension: - Cusco Type AS Front Strut Brace - CST Zero-1 Swift Coilovers - 14kg/mm Front Springs - 8kg/mm Rear Springs Misc: - Factory Upgrade Alarm (wired to work off the factory remote key) Here are some happy snaps from yesterday, so enjoy. :) And some more recent pics after a few cosmetic changes: All in all, VERY happy with the purchase!
-
Gorc 2011
Hi All For those that are coming, post in here, so I can get a head count on who is coming. For those that have not yet decided you are coming, Click Here For Details Attending: - Raven (+1) - SLO-030 (+1) - RKE020 (+1) I'm still yet to finalise some minor details with Jarrad about the meet, but with my conversation with him last night, we are all going to be meeting in Warrnambool for lunch and then heading up the Great Ocean Road as a convoy to the camp site. The total travelling time for this trip is about 12 hours on the road, including stops, so eat your weeties! This means that the first stage of the trip is about 8 hours long, straight through to Warrnambool. Fuel stops and rest time are a must, so I'll be factoring in about 9 hours, which means we need to leave around 3am from the Mobil Service Station at the bottom of the South Eastern Freeway, so I suggest a meeting time of 2.30am to fuel up, check tyre pressures, oil/cooling system levels and grab cold drinks etc. The first fuel stop will be at the Keith Roadhouse. The next, if required, will be in Naracoorte, otherwise we'll make our last fuel stop in Mount Gambier. A brekky stop in Mount Gambier may also be in order, the McDonalds there is pretty easy to get into and seeing as though Mount Gambier is only a 5 and a half hour drive, we'll easily make it in for brekky. I'll also be doing a bit of a travelling photo-diary for the trip, so plenty of photos will be taken to tell our story! *NOTE* - Due to flooding and parts of the Great Ocean Road being shut down, we may have to revise which way we travel, but I'll keep my eye on it over the next couple of weeks. Things to bring: - Tent (or Swag) - Air Beds - Sleeping Bags - Tools (I'll be taking a minimal tool kit which will be a socket set and spanners) - Toiletries - Clothing (Warm Clothing for the night time as it gets fairly cold) - Fold up chairs - Esky - Munchies Make sure you have enough cash as well. I'll leave the itinerary as a bit of a surprise, but I know a few of the things that will be happening during the weekend trip and you should enjoy it all! Direct all your enquiries about the weekend to Jarrad, or contact me if you have any questions regarding our travelling schedule. Cheers Mick
-
This Forum.
You'll be waiting indefinitely then, because I don't see the point in creating an argument, therefore I wont be PMing you during this lifetime or the next. You added it as one of the poll options, I selected it, added my 2c and am leaving it at that. If you can't figure out why I selected it, then you're not as smart as I thought you may have been ;)
-
M3Low'S 3Rd Ke70!!! As Well As Turbocharged Mx83
Slap some coil-overs in the Cressy ;)
-
2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread
Just get me a total on the price. I'd rather pay it all upfront than worry about having to find an ATM when I get there :P
-
This Forum.
Sorry Trev, had to vote the last one seeing as we don't see eye to eye on a lot of things ;) In all honesty, i still browse on here, but I've also bought another car, still a Toyota though, but not a Corolla. The only reason I'm really still here is because of the friends I've made and because I'm helping out the KE2x owners with dash pads and selling off the rest of my car parts etc. I'll be back more often when the right KE30 sedan pops up to drop my 5K into so the g/f has something to drive :)
-
Spotted
Haha, amusing situation none the less. can't believe what you did to get it open actually worked though :P
-
Regarding Springs!
Why not just get some lowered King Springs and be done with it?
-
2011 Great Ocean Road Trip Discussion Thread
I forwarded your SMS to everyone but Fusion. Myself + the g/f in the Chaser :) I may or may not have someone else coming along in another Chaser too, will see if he's serious about it or not and let you know.
-
Ke30 Rotorolla
All good :) I used a TFS139 on the 5K.
-
Ke30 Rotorolla
- TFS123 - TFS143 There's two that should get you out of trouble. Both are two pin as well.
-
Regency?
Regency is what everyone calls the defect inspection station in Regency Park, South Australia. A Regency defect is a full inspection of your car for road-worthiness. Since we don't have yearly roadworthy inspections over here, if your car is given a defect notice (yellow sticker / canary), you will be required to book it in for an inspection, once those things have been fixed. More often than not, when the majority of people take their defected cars to be inspected, more things are added to the list and they 'fail' the inspection, where they are required to now go and fix ten more things that are also wrong with the vehicle and book it in for another inspection (all at your own cost by the way). Most cars pass on the second inspection, sometimes it takes people three tries to get it through. I don't knnow about the whole three times and you're out thing, because I've never been defected to the point I've had to go get a full inspection. I've only ever had the bald tyres on the rear defect when I was younger and that was just a report to the cop shop, get it inspected, pay your $20 bucks and its cleared.
-
Ke30 Rotorolla
This might be the JD's talking, but I suggest parking on a hill and bleeding the air out, or for dodgy specs, cut down a 2L coke bottle so you have the pourer as a funnel, wrap a heap of electrical tape aroound it so seals in the top of the radiator and overfill it, so its the highest point in the car. Let me know how it goes :) Air pockets tend to create hot spots in your cooling system, which wont be good for your rotary dude.
-
Ke30 Rotorolla
Bled all the air out of the cooling system?
-
Wheels And Tyres
Will you be getting the extra track width engineered?