Ke2x Members Page

irokin

Nice looking 20 cush! Maybe clean up that paint job :P

Would love to see more pics Jason! What are your intentions for the 20 then? Showcar/Track/Drag/ Racer? Great work anyways tho!

Cheers

Mic

lol.... i really do think rollclub and toymods need to be merged...

toyrollamodsclub.comnet

Members dont see this ad

Hi guys. Here is an engine bay pic for you. Please note the photo was taken with my phone so the colour is not quite right. Mic, my intentions for the car were originally a clean street car. As you know, things get out of hand!!! If you neaten or hide one thing something else stands out and then its a snowball effect! My mate Matt and my brother have been a great help with a lot of trick ideas. Again thanks for the comments, I am more than happy to answer any more questions.

post-4193-1190625623_thumb.jpg

That looks really clean Jason! Definately nice setup there. Yeah i do know the feeling of cars getting out of hand! My 20 was meant to be a quick put back together! haha spent 2.5k last week on just engine stuff!

Cush - Definately agree with you there. Feels as if i am saying the same things on both forums lol

Cheers

Mic

• 2 weeks later...

Does this members area say what condition ure KE20 has to be in????

Ok kewl, well heres my little beauty lol! Bought new back in 72 nearly everyone in my family has learnt to drive in her. With a 3K-H engine, 4 speed box and slipping clutch shes still a goer. 12" tires are getting harder to come by so the rally driving days are over. Saved from a bush fire in 98 ( back lights were just catching fire when the brigade came) and last regoed in 84, I got her going in 2002. With genuine 72'000 kms on it (on the road from 72 to 84, sat from 84 to 2002) its still goin good, has MPH dash, lots of rust, working lights and dash fan I got it going sitting in the long grass on my grandfathers property. don't know why it sat from 84 onwards, believe there was a death in my family and the car was just left.......

post-2115-1192084298_thumb.jpg

post-2115-1192084622_thumb.jpg

Does this members area say what condition ure KE20 has to be in????

Ok kewl, well heres my little beauty lol! Bought new back in 72 nearly everyone in my family has learnt to drive in her. With a 3K-H engine, 4 speed box and slipping clutch shes still a goer. 12" tires are getting harder to come by so the rally driving days are over. Saved from a bush fire in 98 ( back lights were just catching fire when the brigade came) and last regoed in 84, I got her going in 2002. With genuine 72'000 kms on it (on the road from 72 to 84, sat from 84 to 2002) its still goin good, has MPH dash, lots of rust, working lights and dash fan I got it going sitting in the long grass on my grandfathers property. don't know why it sat from 84 onwards, believe there was a death in my family and the car was just left.......

overrated!!

cheers, scott

Name: Nathan

Car: 1970 KE20

Motor & Driveline: 3k

Suspension & Brakes: stock

Wheels & Tyres: ssw polished alloy 15'' rims with low profile tyres.

Interior: So far: getting done in white vynl with blue inserts in middle

Body: Painted 2 pack toyota blue with a little black mixed into it.

Other: nearly every thing in it is new, could go on all day

p.s these pictures are old car has windows ect in it and cars nearly finished.

post-4481-1192138053_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Jarrod (New Zealand)

Car: 1971 KE25. Car has totalled 112,000km since 1971 - have full service and rego history.

Motor & Driveline: Toyota 4K with a 26/27 Weber carby, 2" from extractors to 4" dumpy exhaust. running 5 speed manual box

Suspension & Brakes: Compressed leafs on the rear, new shocks with chopped springs on the front (upgraded to Dobi springs next Monday). Brakes are standard as yet

Wheels & Tyres: 13" Hotwires with 205's front & rear

Interior: standard interior

Body: Few changes here and there but basically standard. Reasonably straight atm, does have some bolt and guards which I really don't like. Has been resprayed in the blue below

Other: Thats all right now, have only owned the car for 3 weeks. Hope to have it into the panel shop this summer for panel beating in a few spots, 2 small rust spots (about the size of a small coin each) to be removed and have the whole thing stripped back to metal for a full respray in a deep candy green paint. From there plans are to slowly work on retrimming the interior (getting a stereo as well!) and finally a s6 13bt upgrade is what i'm aiming for...or I may use the 13bt out of my s7 batty and upgrade that to a 20bt. Not really sure yet :)

57f90f0456b733b021006d32f2a972d5.JPG

Hi, after recently buying myself a Ke20 corolla i have decided to join this great forum!

this is my first toyota car i have owned since playing around with old chrysler/mitsus( galants and lancers) and thought that i should have a go at something different.

My car is a 11/73 Ke20, its burnt orange in colour, it was originally a toyo glide 2sp auto, but now has a 5sp which i have been told are extremly rare. It also has a 4k-c engine which I'm unsure what model corolla it came out of, and I'm currently fixing it up to pass a rego inspection.

i always wanted a 2dr old jdm car but was unable to find waht i was looking for(galant hardtop), when the ad for my car came up i went and immediatly brought it for $1350 because of the condition it is in.

I am currently wrecking a 74 KE20 auto for some odd nic nak parts, and for the crash pad which seems to be a highly sourced after part, after reading some recent posts. I am piecing the crash pad back together and will eventually recover it lol.

if anyone is looking for an odd part i would be more than happy to help out other corolla owners. ;)

i will try and post some pics of my ride soon, and would like to know what sort of mods/engine conversions could be done to these cars and also if there is any aftermarket spoilers available.

cheers guys :)

Name: Dougy

Car: 1972 KE20 2dr

Motor & Driveline: 5K / 4 speed

Suspension & Brakes: Standard front & discs / Monroe gas shocks in the rear & drums

Wheels & Tyres: 13" Hotwires

Interior: Original red vinyl with cracked dashpad and rear seat top

Body: Bit rough but very little rust

Currently For Sale to finance restoration of other KE2X's

post-3246-1195392559_thumb.jpgpost-3246-1195392546_thumb.jpg

post-3246-1195392585_thumb.jpgpost-3246-1195392520_thumb.jpg

Edited by PHATKE20S