Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

HELL YEAH, thats quicker than my mazda!!! :P top effort!

Not sure what type the dyno is, I know he comes accross the wrong way most of the time, but he means well.

Just seems like one of those "tell it how it is guys" and people take that as arogance.

OH heres some food for thought for you too Matt.

Member on here and one of my mates noticed I was chasing this K-T. Rang me up to tell me that apparently the town aces that have 5k's with column shift have removable bell housing. These bell housing can then be bolted to a W series gearbox!!!!!!

May be a better option for both of us to look into! :o

Sounds good the bellhousing too me,ill check it out.

Yeah theres a difference between tell it how it is and "tell it how he says it is".

Edited by madrolla68

Members dont see this ad

According to Toyota.

Toyota K transmission

Toyota Motor Corporation's K family is a series of 4 and 5-speed light/medium-duty transmissions found in Toyota Corollas and Starlets.

K40

Oil capacity: 3.0 lmp pints(1.7L)

Synchromesh on all Forward gears

Ratios:

First Gear: 3.789:1

Second Gear: 2.220:1

Third Gear: 1.435:1

Fourth Gear: 1.000:1

Fourth TRD**: ???

Reverse Gear: 4.316:1

Applications:

Most 4-speed RWD Tercel, Starlets and Corollas with K-series engines

KM20 series LiteAces that were fitted with K-series engines had a standard K40 fitted with a column shifter

Toyota Racing Development** has produced a fourth gear closer to third in Ratio

An educated guess would be Ratio: 1200:1

K50

Oil capacity:4.2 lmp pints(2.45L)

Synchromesh on all Forward Gears

Ratios:

First Gear: 3.789:1

Second Gear: 2.220:1

Third Gear: 1.435:1

Fourth Gear: 1.000:1

Fifth Gear: 0.865:1

Reverse gear: 4.316:1

Applications:

Most 5-speed RWD Tercel, Starlets and Corollas with K-series engines.

1986 Corolla with 3A-U and 4A-U engines.

KM20 series LiteAces were fitted with K50 transmissions to 4K and 5K engines as an option, and to the 7K as standard. See also

Toyota Transmissions

Toyota K engine

• 2 weeks later...

thanks Nick, looks like Jamie has his wires crossed then. still gunna stick my head under a liteace the next time I see one just incase. :fuzz:

Just dropped the old girl off at Duggin and Parker to go on the rollers today!!! :D Will be updating this thread with a dyno figure later today or tomorrow. :yes: :yes:

Hi,

Good work on car Si keep it coming.

Also yes K motors there is Bell housings out there to fit a W box to them as it is in the Toyota EPC ill have to dig up the part number again but they exist and are still being made in some of the vans in Asia land and being used on 7K-E so should be easy to import or order through toyota.

Cameron

Nah Chris Colgrave did have a dyno.....because Brad Sherrif owns it and worked for Chris. Brad now works at Duggin and Parker and so does his dyno! :)

Anyway....Brad did a pretty conservative tune, but I'm really happy with it now, runs heaps smoother. He even fixed the problem thats been bugging me for nearly a year, being a small piece of gasket goop deep in the primary fuel lines. :yes: at 8 psi made 69.7rwkw (on a DD dyno Matt :yes: :D ) thats just with 20o of timing and I've been running 25 lately, said he didn't want to push it much more than that cause that engines getting a bit "fumy" :fuzz: but I totally agree with that. Better start looking for some parts for a re-build now! Already sourced another head, now just need some decent pistons etc...... :hmm:

Nah Chris Colgrave did have a dyno.....because Brad Sherrif owns it and worked for Chris. Brad now works at Duggin and Parker and so does his dyno! :hmm:

Anyway....Brad did a pretty conservative tune, but I'm really happy with it now, runs heaps smoother. He even fixed the problem thats been bugging me for nearly a year, being a small piece of gasket goop deep in the primary fuel lines. :yes: at 8 psi made 69.7rwkw (on a DD dyno Matt :) :D ) thats just with 20o of timing and I've been running 25 lately, said he didn't want to push it much more than that cause that engines getting a bit "fumy" :fuzz: but I totally agree with that. Better start looking for some parts for a re-build now! Already sourced another head, now just need some decent pistons etc...... :hmm:

Ok thats sounds like a good outcome Si,that is only 4K isnt it ?????.

So i would be happy with that too mate,but you still need to run some crazy boost numbers like me mate one of these days. :yes:

yeah bone stock 4k + your old cam.

Yeah definately gunna do a tougher re-build and then efi probably at the same time. reckon I'll use a 7ke setup like you with a decent exhaust mani!! :fuzz:

Brad turned it down to 8 psi, what do you think the first thing I did when I got home was???? :D

yeah bone stock 4k + your old cam.

Yeah definately gunna do a tougher re-build and then efi probably at the same time. reckon I'll use a 7ke setup like you with a decent exhaust mani!! :fuzz:

Brad turned it down to 8 psi, what do you think the first thing I did when I got home was???? :D

HEHEHE!!!!

Good work man,love it

picked up 2x electronic dizzies for $50 yesterday too!! :D

So were did you actually get the 7k mani Matt??? Locally? I gunna start collecting parts now for the re-build and EFI.

He's pulled a little bit of timing out and closed up the points gap slightly so Ireckon with a quick fiddle I could pull 90rwkw without too much effort! :fuzz: