Your Corolla...likes And Dislikes

sammo

Don't know if this has been covered before, but I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of their rolla.

What one or two things do you love about it more then anything else, and what do you loath about it?

I love the fact that my 32 year old car is morre reliable then some newer cars, and i can fit it in the smallest of car parks, without power steering!

On the down side, ...well a bit more grunt up hills... but i love it anyway!

Discuss

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wish they had a bigger engine capacity inside of them stock. The KE55 hardtop should of had at least a 2L engine making it more.. hardtop style.

Though I like it because of it's looks and style. It stands out in the crowd of todays newer cars.

Wish they had a bigger engine capacity inside of them stock. The KE55 hardtop should of had at least a 2L engine making it more.. hardtop style.

Though I like it because of it's looks and style. It stands out in the crowd of todays newer cars.

Agreed.

I would be happy if we had the 2Ts from factory over here, or something similar.

Other;

Pros- great looking, stylish, nippy little car

Cons- Non-crossflow (K series) and pushrod not OHC.

As a whole though, great cheap little package.

Reliable and not to complex.

when the first cars were made the styling was square, uggly at that. then they became more rounded heading in to the 30's and 50's than back to step 1 in the late 60's for some makes of cars. back and forth for years and years. my point is no one makes a care like TOYOTA that you can punnish for hours at a time and i don't think that TOYOTA will ever make another COROLLA like it, that will bring the 60's and 70's styling back in to it so thats why i love not like my ke55 4dr Krolla. you will never see them again soon just like a real steel T-ford (1918).

there only bad points are, yes the power but still that never stoped me 1 from doing 3rd gear ringers with an old smokey 4k.

who was the dip-shit who made a 2speed auto to fit to a little K motor. hill climb in 1st at oh about 4000RPM.. have pitty.. :POSTPICS!:

the rust hot spots are the main killers of the Krollers. thank you. :dance:

Like the look of my KE25 and the fact it turned heads when it was driving (will do even moreso when the mods are complete).

Dislike the fact that finding parts for it is becoming more and more difficult. Took me a year and a half to find a decent bonnet!

what i like about boris, m 37yr old Ke25.

its a corolla, what more do i have to say?

not too many round, its different to the norm

small, easy to park, good on petty if i don't push it hard

things i don't like,

Its 37yrs old, hard to find spares

front wheel arches to small to lower over 14's

But there are far more likes than dislikes

CHEERS

Ryan

Pros - I'm the second owner and the car is in quite good condition (there are always little imperfections so not too worried)

- The car is fun to drive and fuel efficient

Cons - I'm going to have to spend a few $$$ on replacing the old (more than likely original) parts.

- As earlier stated, Little power

- Only a 4 speed not good for highway cruising

Overall, love my car

Cheers

Jake

Sherridan the KE20

Likes- She's sexy!!! the first two door i've ever owned!!! there will always be a place in my heart for her.

BUT!!!- omg... 3K stock just doesn't do it!!! (going to fix that eventually... with a TURBO!)

Tamara the TE72

Likes- Second gear wheel spin!!! and aftermarket support from the US... She's going to be a beast!

HMMM...- She's a little square, and I am SOOO doin a round headlight conversion on her. Who thought square headlights might look cool???

I like the look of pretty much everything on my ke70... except from directly behind (the flat boot area). I like how it's fairly economical and it's easy to learn how to fix. I like it 'cause an xx corolla was my first car. I like the fact that it's RWD and I can have a bit of fun coming home on my gravel driveway. They're cheap... that's probably one of the best parts of corollas.

I dislike all the rust... especially in the boot since water gets in sometimes. I hate the fact that it's a stock 4speed... it really does suck for driving on highways/freeways. I hate how the diff or wheel bearings or whatever always seem to whine in this type of car (4 speed).