Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

Members dont see this ad

And shes out, again.

Monday, motor goes to work.

Following Wednesday when i go back to work, myself and boss pull it down, find out wtf is wrong with it.

Send to machine shop. Balance crank, rods. New O/S H-Comp Pistons. ARC rod bolts, Rings & bearings.

Bore block, Check block to head surface, manifold surfaces. Polish combustion chamber, detag ports and oil gallery's.

Check valve springs, Possibly replace. Valve seats recut to a 4 angle job on intake, 3 on exhaust. Polish exhaust port.

Slap - it - back - together !

hahah. Update for motor ~ 2 weeks time !

i herd 4age's have bad habbit of shitting themselves when they are rebuilt for the purpose of turbo!

a nice n/a engine would be right at home though! or even just some simply cam's and silvertop quads would add to that JDM flavor!

lol, your delusional.

tough little motors :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Pics will be up next weekend of all our hard work over the last 2 months (very little ha ha ha)

Got back into it today, with a nice exercise ot making the new parsel shelf (2 hours~), Covering it in vegas dimond style underlay, then covering that with my Pimp fur material i got from spotlight ~ Justin has named it the Yetti fur, My siemese cat almost gets lost in it, the fur is that long. Well, maybe not that long, but pics will show it next weekend. Its very pimp-il-ish-ious :D

Got all the A / B / C Swade / swede how ever you spell it trims back, and installed the A pillers. Wow, it looks like a rolling lounge sweet. I can't stop touching it.. mmm so nice hahah.

Test fited the new 0ke70 number plates (Black back, gold text, no spaces. Slimline front, normal rear). Yes, they look H _ o _ T.

- Installed newer passenger front side external chrome strip on door, as the old one had 3 dints in it, and a missing rubber end. Not good enough.

- Tested new mirror... haha. Lets just say the Ke70 now has electric stock mirrors.. Complments of an Advanti Corona - Bolt n play, Baby. Switch and wiring on the way.

- Purchased new windscreen washer tubing, and installed. Not happy with the inside diameter of the hose, so that will be binned, and ill have to get something else later on in the week. The install of it looks nice tho, Its black hose aposed to shite-clear.

- Installed the Tyre plackard sticker, door lock stickers, coolant overflow sticker and warning sign sticker for thermo fan

Made a mental note for the plan of attact for next week. I wanta clean up the engine bay, Its "nice", but theres alot of loose ends in there atm. Brackets that havnt been paitned, mounts for the airbox that need more stock-looking-modifications, Need to make a bracket for the clutch line to g-box, as its just zip ties atm. ugh. Also need to paint and mount the last retaining clip for the engine bay end of the fuel lines. They are kinda just sitting out atm. Must mount fuel filter while I'm down there.

Thinking of pulling the engine loom out, retaping it and getting new plugs for some of the loom (injectors, temp sensors) as they are old and perished. Adleast now, it would be a 1/2 hour job ~ once that motors in, that would be hell to do, as we found out putting it in for the first time in about a year n 1/2.

Speaking of motors, motor is at machine shop. Turns out previous owners engine builder rebuilt it... slaped standard bearings and rings back in it. Had a MASSIVE lip on the bore, and had incrediable bearing wear on the end crankshaft bearings. Wow, this was one sad motor internally. Oh, it also had a blown headgasket.

So, its getting fully counterbalanced downstairs, with a new clutch kit arriving tomorrow that ive gota send over. *makes mental note not to forget*. Will be going 20 to 40" oversized, depending on how bad it turns out. Head getting fully rebuilt, i might clean up the ports, I'm not too worried. A STOCK fresh-new motor would go harder than what it was, I'm not complaning. Considering when i took it for a quick strap up the road to test the brakes out, it would leave a new corolla for D - E - A - D - hahah, Stock FTW :D

Once engine bay ends are fixored up, and the motor is back in (turn around of about a month) - Oh, gearbox rear seal has to be replaced, as thats just pissing oil out, i may take that into work and see if we can slap a set of syncro's in it, or a rebuild, not sure. Talking to boss tomorrow about it.. ~ Put the handbrake cables in, from the T18 diff thats out the back of my place, hook that up, finish putting the interiour back in, via the gawd-horrid to wire alarm, and the new horns :) - its basically finished, for rego that is :)

Enough brain splatter for one night. Bring on 40,000 hits ! Sorry, no spell check tonight :)