Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Justin's Ke70

Featured Replies

make some copies! mass production diy kits! ill have one

  • Replies 260
  • Views 248k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Because of the uprite engine mounts it means the standard radiator hoses are no longer going to work. Ended up buying 3 x 90 degree alloy bends and a length of silicone hose.   Top one just needed t

  • Thanks heaps for the info, I'll look into Sheldon's kits and have a chat to the guy who'll be re-tuning for me. Cheers

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Been a while scince I last updated this. Gets hard to find time between work and looking after my daughter. Got the shape back in to the rear window opening now and started filling the dents

Posted Images

:S

 

would be good for my ke11, but i think the mounts are different :y:

Edited by flat out

I know this sounds like a silly question but could you explain what the parts are?

Upright k motor kit, The mounts to upright it and the manifold plate to rectify the massive angle the carby's/exhaust would normally be on.

Why did toyota decide to mount K series motors on an angle in the first place?

I'm guessing some thing to do with fitment into ke10's, why not keep it slant for all the others.

Flat out you hit the nail on the head. I think the K motor was slanted (from what I read) due to height in the KE10. Design car step 2 design motor nwo make fit..lol So opps lets slant it. A few trade mark things in the motor suggest this also eg oil sits on manifold side of the head I mean if it was up right it wouldn't as much so defiantly a slant motor after it was all done.

 

But in my KE15 with twin carbies I can tell you now VERY tight bonnet clearance. Single carby less of an issue but with twins I find it worse so mm slant for that reason.

 

And I think this kit TRD up right was primarily used for KP61 racers? Correct me if I'm wrong?

 

And Under the counter med man is also missing the TRD intake exhaust and rubber for the mounts. But hey I praise him still for what he has managed to get. He will have the nicest work rolla ever :lol: THUMBS UP.

 

 

(pitty its not all in a KE15 shell :'( )

 

Cameron

  • Author

Put the plate up against the 5K head I have here today, Shows you just how much it needs to be ported. (what you see there plus a little more..) Exhaust ports could have some more taken off too..

Sv106855.jpg

Sv106856.jpg

Sv106857.jpg

Sv106858.jpg

  • Author

On that note, Friday night when I went to Nick's place my car didn't want to start (Lucky for the big hill he lives on).. Ripped the starter off this morning and pulled it down to reveal why I have been having issues with it lately.. Appears the ground brush has been sticking in from time to time when the armature has been poling from time to time due to the bush being flogged out. Managed to find another starter here to fix it up with today just it doesn't have the mounting stud for the heatshield (Must be an earlier one).. Managed to sort it out and got a photo of the anatomy of a K starter motor..

Sv106859.jpg

  • 3 months later...
  • Author

Got a few more bits for my 5K build lately.

 

Picked up some 100kw 4AGE rods and pistons and a Aus T50 gearbox to swap my K-T Bellhousing onto..

Sv107235.jpg

Sv107233.jpg

Sv107239.jpg

Sv107241.jpg

  • Author

New youtube vid too..

 

 

Sounds good since the exhaust leak has been fixed, Made a guy go WTF? when it hit about 7300RPM today, lol.. (Teddy can vouch for this)..

Awesome vid mate. I spy with my little eye something beginning with ' quad headlights' ! Quick question, what fuel pump are you using as i just aquired some dellorto's of my own.

 

Matt.

F**K ! thats where that other set is, i was looking for that all afternoon. Justin, where the hell did that other set go? don't tell me its under those god dam chairs your family just packed away..

 

hahah yes that tow truck driver was in total disarray when we departed from the BP. by 3000 rpm his ears had tweeked. By 4000 rpm he had stopped talking to his friend beside him. by 5000 rpm he was half pushing his friend out the way to get a better view, by 7000 rpm his face was like.. ehh.. WTF ?!!!

  • Author
Awesome vid mate. I spy with my little eye something beginning with ' quad headlights' ! Quick question, what fuel pump are you using as i just aquired some dellorto's of my own.

 

Matt.

 

Running the original factory mechanical fuel pump (24 years old and still going strong!!!)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.