Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Did you have any troubles installing the rear shocks at all? The ones from the Commodore wagon? I remember reading in the 'rear suspension' thread on AE86DC about using the wagon shocks and thought you had to get the bushes pressed out. Was any of that needed?

I'm thinking of going to those exact rear shocks you bought, the Sierra's are way too short for me..

Members dont see this ad
Did you have any troubles installing the rear shocks at all? The ones from the Commodore wagon? I remember reading in the 'rear suspension' thread on AE86DC about using the wagon shocks and thought you had to get the bushes pressed out. Was any of that needed?

I'm thinking of going to those exact rear shocks you bought, the Sierra's are way too short for me..

Yep, Shocks go in easy as, Just put a bit of rubber grease on the hole for the bottom mount to make them side on easy..

Shocks feel good, Took 2.5 coils off the rear standard springs and it has sagged a bit with a full tank of petrol.

Handles like a kitten on carpet, But not a fan of the exhaust scraping out and not being able to get into my side of the garage..

New rear springs are on the way and its going to come up a tad..

KE70_Lowered.jpg

I think I might go for those shocks. Was keen on them a while back, but not many people using them lead me to believe the bushes needed pressing out.

I think that ride height is pretty much perfect (looks wise). Having a decent set of wheels which fill out the guards, then it wouldn't look so low.

Thats about 45mm lower than mine in the rear, and maybe 30mm lower at the front.

I don't know if I could go any lower with the way our roads are. I bet you're looking forward to those rear springs. My stock springs are ok but you have to run them a little bit higher than you really want to to get enough travel for the soft spring.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...