Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Justin's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • Replies 260
  • Views 248k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Because of the uprite engine mounts it means the standard radiator hoses are no longer going to work. Ended up buying 3 x 90 degree alloy bends and a length of silicone hose.   Top one just needed t

  • Thanks heaps for the info, I'll look into Sheldon's kits and have a chat to the guy who'll be re-tuning for me. Cheers

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Been a while scince I last updated this. Gets hard to find time between work and looking after my daughter. Got the shape back in to the rear window opening now and started filling the dents

Posted Images

Yum. This thing is going to be tough :y: Technical build thread?

 

P.s saw you at archie last night, haha you were too far away and i was too cold.

Edited by 08ftw

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Bought another piece of the puzzle that I had been chasing for quite some time, Which has now inspired me to get my finger out and rebuild the T50 gearbox I have..

 

Oh! and I got the dizzy back together with the freshly electroplated bits..

mini_Image436.jpg

mini_Image443.jpg

mini_Image428.jpg

The motor didn't come with a head, So no pushrods in it..

 

Also got some goodies back from being polished today..

 

thats insane. how much was that?

did i read ure gooing to use 4age pistons in ure 5k ? explain ?

  • 1 year later...

nope unless something happened i missed last i saw on FB he was building a car to drive while the yellow car was off the road... long time no post tho justin update lol.

nope unless something happened i missed last i saw on FB he was building a car to drive while the yellow car was off the road... long time no post tho justin update lol.

 

He still drives the yellow car unless it is one very much the same, he is building a different car.

  • Author

Yep, It has been a while since I made an update on this one.

 

What has been happening is that I have been repainting and fixing up another KE70 I have had sitting in the yard for quite some time. It is close now to being registered and then I will take the yellow car off the road.

 

While the yellow one is off the road I will be fixing the rust and respraying it all as it is starting to beak out in a few select spots. Then I will be putting the 5K out of Tony's old rally car in as I bought it off him a few months back and will fit all the uprite parts that I have..

  • 11 months later...
  • Author

Well it is about time I made an update to this. Finally got some motivation to do some work to it last weekend with the assistance of Teddy. (Find it hard sometimes between doing jobs for everyone else).

 

We managed to rip most of the stuff off the old 4K, pulled the old intake manifold and extractors off and did a dummy fit up of the upright gear i have.

 

Had to drill out some holes in the manifolds earlier in the week at work. Still a bit of work to go in to it but at least I have made a start to it.

P3241181.JPG

P3241182.JPG

P3241195.JPG

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Had a bit more progress with this today. Managed to pull the old K50 gearbox out and get the K-T Bellhousing on a T50 I have so i can start to get the gearbox mount sorted out..

 

Problem I ran in to was the gearbox to engine bolts are around 20mm too short, Sucked to find that out once I handled the gearbox up in to position... So looks like I am doing a bit of bolt shopping next week.

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Found a few bolts in my collection on the weekend that have solved my dilemma. Managed to get the T50 in to place so I could see how the gearbox would sit in relation to the gearbox mount / crossmember / shifter hole..

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0222.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.