Justin's Ke70

Medicine_Man

Members dont see this ad

Flat out you hit the nail on the head. I think the K motor was slanted (from what I read) due to height in the KE10. Design car step 2 design motor nwo make fit..lol So opps lets slant it. A few trade mark things in the motor suggest this also eg oil sits on manifold side of the head I mean if it was up right it wouldn't as much so defiantly a slant motor after it was all done.

But in my KE15 with twin carbies I can tell you now VERY tight bonnet clearance. Single carby less of an issue but with twins I find it worse so mm slant for that reason.

And I think this kit TRD up right was primarily used for KP61 racers? Correct me if I'm wrong?

And Under the counter med man is also missing the TRD intake exhaust and rubber for the mounts. But hey I praise him still for what he has managed to get. He will have the nicest work rolla ever :lol: THUMBS UP.

(pitty its not all in a KE15 shell :'( )

Cameron

On that note, Friday night when I went to Nick's place my car didn't want to start (Lucky for the big hill he lives on).. Ripped the starter off this morning and pulled it down to reveal why I have been having issues with it lately.. Appears the ground brush has been sticking in from time to time when the armature has been poling from time to time due to the bush being flogged out. Managed to find another starter here to fix it up with today just it doesn't have the mounting stud for the heatshield (Must be an earlier one).. Managed to sort it out and got a photo of the anatomy of a K starter motor..

Sv106859.jpg

• 3 months later...

F**K ! thats where that other set is, i was looking for that all afternoon. Justin, where the hell did that other set go? don't tell me its under those god dam chairs your family just packed away..

hahah yes that tow truck driver was in total disarray when we departed from the BP. by 3000 rpm his ears had tweeked. By 4000 rpm he had stopped talking to his friend beside him. by 5000 rpm he was half pushing his friend out the way to get a better view, by 7000 rpm his face was like.. ehh.. WTF ?!!!

Awesome vid mate. I spy with my little eye something beginning with ' quad headlights' ! Quick question, what fuel pump are you using as i just aquired some dellorto's of my own.

Matt.

Running the original factory mechanical fuel pump (24 years old and still going strong!!!)