Everything posted by Doogs
-
Exciting Find!
Sweet ! Interested to see if anyone knows more about this car.
-
Budget Racer
Love your work mate, cheap and effective. Will keep your suspension ideas in mind for a little down the track...
-
My Rough Ke20
Looks like it has come up very trick mate, well done. Sure will pack a punch with the V6 setup. :blinks:
-
72 Ke20
Ok, that's along the lines of what I was thinking as well. A mate said to me he knows a guy who will reset my leaves and setup a stiffer pack for around $250. I am also unsure of what is available when it comes to front struts, so will need to do some researching. Is your rear bar a Whiteline one ?
-
72 Ke20
Your plans sound good Hendo, I'm sure we can have some great cruises together when both our cars are ready. (Obviously yours is cruisable at the moment as well though). I will keep a keen watch on what you are doing suspension wise, and have a chat to you when you do upgrade. Suspension is top of my to-do list after I have rego. Cheers, Dougal
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, thanks for the complements. Been progressing more on the shell and I have removed the doors so I can fix the rest of them up. I'm away on a houseboat at the moment with mates so won't be able to add the pics for another week or so. I ended up getting the seats done at a place called Croydon Motor Trimming. It's a little business run out of a backyard and the guy is really helpful and honest. He quoted me 300 a seat and 100 for each new door card and stuck to the quote. (Which was great considering how buggered they turned out to be). I was quoted a loose price of 800 for the seats and 200 per trim elsewhere. The other bloke was a huge rip-off merchant and was not even going to replace the waterlogged MDF !
-
Twentyeight's 3k Ke25
Beautiful 25, nice score mate. :) Would love to cruise with this in the future.
-
Gavclassic, Yet Another Low Kilometer Find !
Shit that's clean! Great find :)
-
Johno's *new* Ae82 Sedan Project
Ahhh ok, rightio. I am sometimes a bit lazy with spraying Acrylic, but don't think I'd do the same with 2pack. Don't mean to sound like your mother but the safety stuff is probably a good idea in this case! Keep going man.
-
Picnic At Hanging Rock Car Show
Hey guys, I really enjoyed the day and cruising to and from with mates. Unfortunately meeting a few of you has slipped again but I'm sure it will happen soon enough. Here are the pics Photobucket album there are not many Toyota pics as the battery was dying rapidly and my little brother was armed with the camera. Cheers, Dougal
-
Phils Ke30 3sge Beams
Coming along well mate. Love the engine choice, this thing is gonna hunt.:wink:
-
Ke20 Project
Interesting choice. I have also seen a few crazy bussa setups in minis and the like and they are awesome. Keen to see progress pics, and see how you overcome the obstacles you encounter.
-
Graham The 2tg
Neat job on the engine Matt, those tidyups really raise the visual appeal of the car.
-
Johno's *new* Ae82 Sedan Project
Looking good Johno ! I would love to repaint a car in 2pac one day for the durability/gloss off the gun. (Just need the safety gear).
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
I got my seats back from the trimmers today along with my new front door cards. I am pretty happy with the job as it all looks fairly neat. There is still a bit of a twist in each seat but I think it's pretty good considering what he started with. The trimmer told me that The drivers seat had; a broken and twisted frame, broken springs, and a broken headrest. They are quite comfy now and the extra bolstering has made a noticeable difference. I am also working at the centre of the bonnet at the moment, and hope to get it done soon.
-
The New Machine - Ra23 - *new Pictures*
Great find ! What an awesome daily. :jamie:
-
202 Into A Corona Xt130
You should have no troubles with the gearbox. My mate has a 202 in his LX Torana coupled to a "Philipino" or "Torquemaster" gearbox, (which should be the box that came with the 4 cylinder you speak of).
-
Picnic At Hanging Rock Car Show
There is a very high chance that I will be down there with a few mates in Toranas. Will come down for a chat if I can find you guys. :jamie:
-
2010 Great Ocean Road Trip. Aka Gor4!
Looks like you guys had a ball! I'm hoping it does not clash with Rovers "Surfmoot" weekend again and then I will be in for sure.
-
Gavclassic Ke70
Very tidy find. :) Keen to see what you make of it Gav.
-
Graham The 2tg
Sweet as. I remember seeing never's thread for this car a while back, and thinking to myself what a nice rig it was. Another great addition to your stable Matt! :)
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Cheers mate, it's been a bit hard in some areas but at least I'm putting less back than I ripped out !
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Hey guys, I had a big weekend away at "Surfmoot" last weekend with Rovers so progress slowed for a bit again. Today I went to a mates so I could tack weld the slide hammer attachment to a large dent in the centre of my donor bonnet, and pull the dent out. I was quite happy with the result because it is a tricky area that straddles the centreline, and now it should only need a small amount of filler. This week I will have access to spray gear once more, so will high fill a few things and hopefully continue to improve things. In other news I have managed to track down some 14inch mags I quite like, that are similar to a JDM mesh style rim. Hopefully I can get the cash for these soon.
-
My Ke25 & Ke20
Nice KE2x's you have there. What a find with the 25 ! Goes to show you can be lucky sometimes. :) Keen to see the car evolve.
-
1jz Ke55
Looking good. The trans tunnel and bay are neat. :)
