Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doogs

Car of the Year 2012
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Doogs

  1. Doogs replied to Roo's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    I believe you can measure duration and lift with the aid of a dial indicator and a gauge on the crank. Would mean having the engine apart though. Alternatively you could ask the cam manufacturer.
  2. Not in my immediate area, but would be keen to have a look at somestage. :dance:
  3. Doogs replied to Roo's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Rather lumpy. What are the cam specs ?
  4. Nice job you are doing mate. Its a hard choice between those colours, but I would probably choose manderin or blood orange. I think that is a pretty fair price for the paint, considering they are fixing rust as well all the prep-work. I spose you will know for sure when it has been done.
  5. Gonna be a weapon :dance: Keen to see a few pics of the build process and fabrication.
  6. Gahhhh double post :dance:
  7. Looking great man, good to see it all taking shape.
  8. Like I said, at times I have felt the same way. I think you should at least give it time, because in the end you will regret getting rid of it after all your hard work.
  9. I agree that it is a Seca so a less sought after model, but I think you wuld be mad to abandon it after all your hard work. Afterall it is your car and if it makes you happy, who cares ? I have had many setbacks already with my car, especially in the paint and prep. At times I have had enough with the bloody thing, so not much will happen for a while. Eventually I find myself inspired again, or I get a rev up from mates and I will get back into it. I say give it time and keep at it. :dance:
  10. Doogs replied to Roo's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Have also considered the chrome look on the surrounds etc, but have been worried it would turn out tacky. My vote would be for quicksilver or similar as I think it looks nicer than black. Keen to see what you choose and how it turns out.
  11. Doogs replied to Murd 55's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Agreed. Otherwise, looking good. I know how you feel with regards to rust and dodgy repairs, makes the process so much longer when you have to fix someone else f*** ups. Do you have access to a MIG ?
  12. Doogs replied to KEhendo's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Sounds good to me. I have similar ideas myself. I am a big fan of being period or at least in the style of the era. But untill I can afford to do suspension and rims I will be cruising round on stockies with whitewalls. As much as I don't mind sleepers, I think going for something different can look far better (eg. Troys car). Something I plan for mine is one of these 'spring locker' setups. Although they are not as good as a true LSD I hear they can be quite an improvement over the standard open diff. Discussion thread
  13. Ratchet spanners are great ! I also have a set of metric ratchet-ring and open end spanners, they are really handy.
  14. Sounds neat. I should keep an eye out for one.
  15. Doogs replied to KEhendo's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Nice to see some pics of your car kehendo. What other plans do you have for it ? Love the rims you have on it now, also agree about the trim rings and centre caps. Should look trick. Any scrubbing issues when cornering at speed ?
  16. Lol, yeah that sounds likely.
  17. Beams or RS2000 would be great. I agree on keeping the engine fairly light. Either way you will produce another masterpeice, love your work. :wink:
  18. That is cool. Imagine the time and effort it would take !
  19. Doogs replied to Roo's topic in Rollaclub Rides
    Good starting point mate. I am also a wrap for that rim and tyre combo.
  20. Cool. Thats fair enough. Mine has also spent a fair bit of time in primer.
  21. Nice pickup mate, well done. Just thought I should check, do you realise primer is porous and so will let water seep through to the metal and cause rust ?
  22. Well done, this is one cool 5k. Keen to see the graph.
  23. F*** No good man. What happened ?
  24. Chin up mate. Believe me, I know that feeling ! Panel work is a barstard at times and I really dislike redoing things as well. Once I started priming things again I felt so much more motivated. I find laying down paint the most enjoyable part of the process, and once you get to that stage it is all downhill. Keep plugging away at it and you will be so glad when it comes together and you have done it yourself.
  25. Exactly. Just make sure you always use a block and you will be fine. Also, use biggest block you can (dependent on the size of the panel), and make sure it is kept nice and wet.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.