Everything posted by Doogs
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Thanks guys. I am no expert, but this is a good way to learn.
-
Dougy's Latest Acquisition
LOL. So I am guessing you had a 36 panno and now you have sourced a cheap 5k.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
How it now sits; I am going to start on the guards during this week, with any luck they will also be in primer soon.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Thanks Matt, hopefully it will get there soon. It's still not perfect but I think it is far as I should go for a daily.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Have now stripped and primed the doorjams and rear window cavities. After further inspection I realised I can reuse the window seals, which I was quite happy to find. Car will be heading home again on sunday and apart from a few little bits it will just be removeable panels to go, then I will be ready for topcoat :y: Before Sanded Primed
-
Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy
Very fair point. Yes this is not what some people would chose to build but after all it is his car. All these replies are just choking up the thread more (including this one). Do what you want to do with it and enjoy it. Cars should be for the passion and enjoyment not as an investment.
-
Raven's Ke25 Corolla Memorial Rebuild - Now Parting Out
This will be incredible when done. :) I highly respect anyone who has the skill and time required to file finish such thin jap metal. (Mind you they are paid pretty well to do it). Not a bad theory on projects, pity we don't always have the time and money for it!
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Well here is a bit more progress. I am fairly happy because I feel like I am getting somewhere, but the list still feels very long. It does not help that I keep seeing bits and being like "ohh I had better do that'' but in the end I spose it is a good thing. Passenger side is primed and I baremetalled the door frames and around the doors, due to crap paint and some rust. Then I etch primed these areas and applied normal primer. Passenger side primed; Door frames before; Baremetal; Etch primer; Primed;
-
1jz Ke55
Sweet project mate. Looks like you are doing a great job.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Thanks mate, neither did I lol ! Got stuck into it again today, and ended up with the drivers side primed. Had a few issues with setting up the gun and was using a worse compressor, so had some teething problems on the passenger side. Should be easily redone tomorrow.
-
Matts Ke30......sr20det
Looking good Matt, great job. I must say I am happy about your choice to change the colour of the door handles. I love the green, but in my opinion it needs something to break it up. Also like the heat coating, practical and looks good.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Well holidays are here. I have done a bit recently and took the car to my rover crew's gararge today so I can progress a bit next week. Have been doing much of the same and started on treating the rust inside the doors. I hope to prime both rear 1/4s and doors this week, and baremetal the frames and prime them. I also hope to do the door jams and work on the gaurds that a mate welded for me today. Pics;
-
Another Ke20 Thread.
I have exactly the same troubles. Almost a year ago I got stuck into mine, then problems arose and I became short of time and money. Still a fair bit of work to do now, but thankfully I am starting to get some time again. Keep at it mate.
-
Increased Rocker Ratio On A K Motor ?
Cheers, Will also pick the brains of a relative of mine. He was one of Harry Firths 1st apprentices and built engines with him and Ian Tate. Hopefully some of his knowledge will be transferable to K motors.
-
Another Ke20 Thread.
Good to hear its progressing again, sometimes we get a bit strapped for time don't we !
-
Increased Rocker Ratio On A K Motor ?
Ok, point heard. I thought I may as well have a look at what else I could do to make this build as good as I can.
-
Increased Rocker Ratio On A K Motor ?
Thanks orangeLJ, Thats more along the lines of what I was thinking. snot35, I am planning on doing a port job and cam as well as maybe bigger valves. I wanted to see if this could be done, and if parts were easily available. Being a k motor I assumed they were'nt, but I thought I may as well check.
-
Increased Rocker Ratio On A K Motor ?
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realy have roller rockers in mind (due to the cost amoung other things), and yes also thought it would be overkill for this motor and its application. I was instead musing about whether you could easliy change the ratio and still run a flat tappet cam. Sorry, I probably should have specified that. I am aiming to build a mild motor, but a well thought out one (hence the questions). Thanks again, Dougal
-
My Ke70 Budget Project
Nice project, I particularly like the engine build. Keen to see it come together and see some dyno figures.
-
Cool Cars That Aren't Rolla's
Have to agree about group B. The Delta S4's are amazing.
-
Cool Cars That Aren't Rolla's
Personally I am a wrap for Old Aussie Muscle (amoung others), I love the era, the racing, and styling.
-
Increased Rocker Ratio On A K Motor ?
Anyone considered it or heard of it being done ?
-
Matt'S 7K Ke30
Hell Matt, it just keeps getting better ! Very clean man, well done.
-
1971 Ke26 "lill Red Wagon"
Nice work man, good metal fab.
-
My Old Rolla
Paint looks very nice. Out of interest, what seats are they ?
