Everything posted by Doogs
-
Increased Rocker Ratio On A K Motor ?
Hi, In a few months I plan to build a mild 5k for my car. For a while I have been considering different options for my build, but had not thought about rockers much. I know of some people who build holden 6s and similar era engines, and one of the mods they do is to install roller-rockers and up the rocker ratio. This aims to have the valve accelerating off the valve seat faster, and to produce reasonable power without having to run huge lift in a street car engine (that would result in rapid wear and lack of driveability). Has anyone tried/considered altering the rocker setup in a k motor, and are there any of these parts around for such a small engine?
-
3k/4k Camshaft.
It would be good if you could sell whatever you don't need on the forums. can't help you with the cams other than also suggesting you put each in a motor and take readings from there.
-
Spotted Vic
Older bloke, yeah the brown one is it. Badged with a 'h' for Harry apparantly.
-
Spotted Vic
Early model Ke26 wagon with 5k locked diff and an RX-7 rear end. (FFCC and TCCA werribee motorkhana last saturday) Does anyone know if the guy is on here ? Well thought out budget build.
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
Geeez this has come on since I last checked ! Very tidy man, a credit to you. :D
- Red Pos
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Thanks man. How plans change ! Originally I bought the car purely wanting to build a hot 5k and drive it. Then once I found this particular car I decided to touch up a few areas and register it straight away. Sure enough it got out of hand and turned into just about a full respray. I have decided to finish the doors off and a few more bits than originally intended, but wont spend much more time getting it straight. (Once someone opens a door into it all my work will be undone). It is not pefect but is a fair bit better than when I got it (and I spose I can't expect my first project to be spot on). I am reasonably happy with how things have turned out and have learnt heaps in the process. Hopefully when I am done I will have a quite tidy little daily out of it. I can't wait till my exams are done in the next month or so, ans then I can get stuck into it and get the $ to register it.
-
Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy
Makes sense. With all your talk of stripping the interior I was beginning to wonder.
-
Worth A Read.
Thanks, I really enjoyed the read.
-
Close This Thread Please
2nd'd Very nice car man, love what you have done. People will offer opinions and advice, thats what the forums for. Don't get to annoyed about it, everyone will have a different veiw. Please don't let something small like this spoil your impression of rollaclub.
-
Slo-030. Healthy Dose Of Aussie Muscle Ahoy
So purely for burnouts/events or do you plan to have reg ?
-
Project 2tg Into Rolla
Nice, sure will be sweet when it's done.
-
Flares On My Ke20 Right Now. Opinions?
:y: Yep looks good, suits your style nicely.
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Update. Over the past month or so I have; > Brushed sound deadener in the spare wheel well and underneath >Bought another bootlid and apron and begun work on the apron >Taken off the front left 1/4 to remove rust and apply killrust paint >Found large amounts of bog covering rust holes and a previous mirror location I have worked at fixing these problems and aim to fix the bonnet, bootlid and also redo the doorjams and frames(along with a few other things). Hopefully I will progress more soon when weather and time permits. I aim to register the car by late July (depending on progress and funds).
-
Doogs' Ke20 - Lke020
Sorry about the late reply. A little has happened recently, will get some pics up tomorrow. Unfortunately I have found one or two nasty surprises, but with a bit of persistance it should not be to much more trouble. Now exams are almost upon me I might have to let the car go on the backburner (again!) but will hopefully make good progress again soon. I have about 8 weeks off from mid June so aim tp get 2 grand together and then finish the paint and register her. Once the car is registered I will drive it round on the 3k for a while and enjoy it while I save to build my 5k. Money and time are big problems at the moment (along with the weather).
-
I Want Bigger Than 4a-gze
Learn to drive a slow car fast, rather than a fast car fast. You will learn to become a far better driver and know when to put the power on, more than if you always have power on tap. You will be surprised how much fun you can have in a RWD in the wet (even a stock KE70 with a 4k)! As you learn, then go for something that has a bit more like a worked 4/5k or eventually a 4age. As others have said a 4age is great but you must expect that the process becomes expensive, regardless of what engine you choose.
-
Pm Spam
I also received one from him. I was going to notify you but noticed he had already been banned. Keep up the good work.
-
My Ke20
Looking great man, love the fact you have gone for your own style.
-
My Ke 11
As already said, sweet car mate. Looks like you have a nice little collection, keep at it.
-
Ligher Car
Give in to the temptation....................Nothing stands in your way !
-
Corolla Ke30 Ca18det
Sweet car mate, well done.
-
My Project Ke20
Totally agree, this will improve the overall look of the car a great deal.
-
My Ke36 Wagon
Looks great now man, well done :jamie:
-
Little Rocket!
Looks good man, Coming together nicely.
-
Project 2tg Into Rolla
Nice. Hopefully will see this when I get out on a few cruises myself.
