Everything posted by Clapped out
-
Turbo 4K Not Firing
That's strange, i'll be watching to see what causes this, you've covered pretty much everything. What about adding gasket goo to the spark plug tube seals? cheers!
-
Looking At A Ke30..
heya, Best way to see how bad it is, just look up under the dash in behind the glovebox to see how much rust is on the inside. The cause of this is just probably a pile of leaves and shit in there, holding in moisture over time. Structurally it shouldn't affect it too much, cheers!
-
Ke20 Front End On Ke30 ?
Hi and welcome, Putting a ke20 front end onto a ke30 simply isn't a straight bolt on fit, ke20 is slightly narrower, shorter in length and the body lines are different, personally I wouldn't bother, it would be a nightmare to get it to fit, and if you did, it certainly wouldn't match in with the rest of the car, Best of luck, cheers!
-
What Leaf Springs?
The 50mm ones come from ke3x/ke55 sedans and coupes , and the 35mm ones come from ke36/38 wagons and panel vans, cheers!
-
Stripping A 4K Help!
With the crank bolt, I just usually use a rattle gun, I've also used a breaker bar and a block of hardwood before (when it has been extremely stubborn), by jamming the wood inside the engine between the crank and the block wall (obviously with the sump removed), probably not recommended but it works, cheers!
-
What Leaf Springs?
What sort of car are they going into, and if you know, what did they come out of?
- Corolla Aisan Carbs
- Corolla Aisan Carbs
-
Original Ke30 2 Door Sedan
Looking good, I'm liking the lowered look with those stockies, cheers!
- 2 Speed Toyoglide Help
-
4K Weber, Popping In The Manifold. What Jets?
You should be able to get it to run pretty good with those jets, when I tune the down draft webers on my rollas (once every 10 years or so), I just wined the mixture screw right in, get the car running (hopefully), and then just wined it out until it runs sweet, (sometimes it may be half a turn, or 3) pretty primitive but it works for me, cheers!
-
Corolla Aisan Carbs
^^^^^By looking at the vacuum secondaries, it appears the vacuum line is directly connected from the diaphragm to the secondary throat, my opinion it shouldn't be a problem if you fit to an earlier rolla, simply because there is no other way it is connected. I'd just block off any unnecessary lines on the carby with vacuum block off's. Oh and haven't forgotten about the jet sizes, cheers!
-
Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door
Its Great reading the updates! Never disappointing!
- Corolla Aisan Carbs
-
Corolla Aisan Carbs
Okey doke, Took some pictures, I have a vague idea when it comes to identifying stock carbs, (I usually unbolt stock and replace with weber's), in the first pic, the carb on the left (complete with orange paint) came off of a 5k purchased from an importers many moons ago, and the one on the right, I'm assuming its off of a ke70 4k, both appear to be 95% the same in appearance, Throat sizes from a glance look to be the same. I'm no expert when it comes to these. Cheers!
-
Ke55 (4K) Rpm Issue
Hopefully you've solve the problem, will be watching this space, cheers!
- Corolla Aisan Carbs
-
Ke55 (4K) Rpm Issue
Factory timing for a 4k is 8 deg, make sure the vacuum advance is disconnected whilst doing the timing, cheers!
-
Convertible Ke25..
There were a handful of these converted to convertible for a north queensland tourist island, think there is word of them somewhere here on rollaclub, cheers!
-
1975 Ke30 Honda F20C Conversion
Car is coming along nicely! I can certainly appreciate good workmanship where it is due, so well done! All your work is very professional and done properly! Wheels will look the goods when done, cheers!
-
3Kc Idle Problems!
Have a look at your timing, could be retarded, if so run it at 10, cheers!
-
Butters - 12A Turbo Ke30 Sedan - Grandad Spec
Looks like a fantastic car! Can't wait to see the final product! By the sounds of it you may have to chop your dash facia, cheers!
-
Ke38 Van For My Daughter
That's good to hear terry, will you end up with the van back eventually? (Once emma has had enough........ha ha!)
-
Ke55 Brake Lights Not Working / Help
Nice looking car! It will still measure 12v on the braking circuit even with the brake pedal switch removed, its a full time circuit. I'd be looking into all aftermarket accessories first to see if there is a problem there, 9 times out of 10 an electrical problem is usually the last item that has been touched/modified, When you say "12v across the fuse holder", I'm assuming with the fuse removed (obviously)? Just try and find where they have bridged the power. cheers!
-
What Grinds My Gears.
I've has this happen a few times in the past, one guy even showed up 3 days later (after scheduled time) to buy an item un-announced, WTF?? Told him to fcuk off, didn't go down well..........