Everything posted by ae824ate
-
4Ac Missing Pipe
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the hot air vent that goes from the exhaust sheild, into just before the main air filter housing? This one: The purpose of this pipe is......Nothing much at all really! Unless you live in antarctica. Venting warm air into the intake. I'm sure someone will correct me though.
-
Is A Ke30 Corolla With An Sr20 Illegal? Nsw
Agreed. I wish the laws were the same in every state, just to save confusion and arguments.
-
How To Remove & Install A Ke30 Dash Pad
Brilliant write up mate, one for the FAQ i reckon. Nicely done!
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
I reckon just leave him go. He will learn his lesson soon enough, one way or another.
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
Na he isnt, i have looked into it :glare:
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
f@$kin spot on Zowie, good on ya mate! I wasnt targeting all P platers when i started this thread, this little 'big' fella just set me off that day. Still hasnt learned anything. Good to hear other peoples stories and experiences too. Cheers, Luke.
-
#$(*&) P Plater Rolla Drivers
Yep, got the c**t now. Wonder if he is a 10 foot tall bulletproof hero when he is all alone :hmm: I might find out one day soon.
-
4K-C To 4K-E
Ahh, :jamie: . Why didnt i think of that. Really it shouldnt be a challenge. Hopefully.
-
4K-C To 4K-E
You will most definitely need a high pressure fuel pump (use a bosch inline or similar). And that may be your regulator and return line on the end of the fuel rail. If not, they are not expensive or complicated. Do you have the loom for it? And why is the rocker cover different? Will be a great write up, good luck with it.
-
Got My New Ride Ke11
Oh my god, that is beautiful! Any more info on it?
-
1jz Cressida + Big Turbo
Will do man, and ill have a look for the thread, cheers.
-
Ae71 Mods
^^ :y: This topic has been covered time and again. If you are willing to spend the money on the 4ac, extractors, carby, cam grind, exhaust blah blah. don't want to be rude, but do a bit of searching. Google is awesome. Save for the 4age man.
-
Milky Oil :(
A bit off topic (kinda), but i have seen a few cracked alloy heads. My old mans subaru years ago, a tarago with a 3y??, a flogged 4ac head and seen pics of a cracked 4.0L ford head. Usually happens between the valve seats/ports and water jackets from what i have seen. But every engine is different!
-
1jz Cressida + Big Turbo
No good to hear about the dramas man. Saw you the other day and was gonna say gday but you probably don't remember me. Have you got a rides thread for it on another site or something?
-
1jz Cressida + Big Turbo
Damn thats a nice setup. Super jealous. Whats happening with the cortina recently?
-
The Rat
I have been thinking about this for a while, but i also know that 'custom' usually means expensive. Also, has anyone else ever noticed the difference in the ball and cup between the push rods (k series and datto's)? I might be pedantic but i don't like the dodgey sloppy fitment in the lifter cup and the tappet adjuster. I know under load they are always centered in the convex/concave of the ball and cup , but a nice machined match would be more gooderer. I think we might be going the gutted 5k hydraulic and 4k pushrod setup, its all up to Zowie (the boss). I just typed 16035 paragraphs on shit, but i decided to not give a f@$k atm.
-
How Many Volts Should A 4Age16V Alternator Put Out?
Yeah, as said 13.8V-14.2V is the normal, and ideal charging voltage. "it probably would, yes, put it back to standard.. D+ on the back of the alternator.." And this too.
-
The Rat
can't wait till we hear this angry bitch running, it will be eargasmic :blush: Brap brap brap :yes: Hopefully no more dramas mate. See ya morrow white boi.
-
The Rat
Hey Zowie, do you know of any good machine shops in Tbar?? JK. Haha, I'm assuming it is you that dropped the flywheel into re-power, Gary will look after ya mate!! Got on the phone to him just after you dropped it off :blush:
-
The Rat
Ive got a feeling the wrong lifters were ordered. I don't really like the idea of using the gutted hydraulic lifter, seems a bit dodge. I reckon you should get a price from toyota, you might be pleasantly suprised. can't wait until ya have this thing back together :yes: , I'm also gonna be super jealous.
-
Toyota Levin Ae92 7Agte 20V 500Hp
:o Bloody awesome man! Very good job! :y:
-
The Rat
Parts 4 cars in Tbar. Any decent auto parts store should be able to get them. Repco, parts 4 cars etc. Or contact an engine rebuilder if you have to.
-
The Rat
Not too bad really. Ill send you a PM.
-
The Rat
Cheers Rob, this has also been thought through, and if it is a problem, it is an easy one to fix. Hopefully :blush:
-
The Rat
:bash: Thats how I'm feeling at the moment. About everything. We got the rocker gear, push rods, lifters on the way, cam, timing kit on the way, VRS kit, valve springs on the way, duct tape and cable ties, rtv sealant, carton of beer, clutch kit, another carton of beer, Gordan and man power. But how is the 150A gonna go? What are we about to do wrong? Surely there is something we have forgotten :hmm: I'm gonna get another beer.