Everything posted by 67Rolla-Ken
-
67Rolla Finally Back On The Road!
So I've dug the old girl out of the shed and have made some major progress over the past month. She is now fully wired up. All new to original spec (wrapped in pvc tape, running in the original clips). Only difference is she now has a stereo and rear speakers. The rear speakers will be hidden under a second parcel shelf made of speaker cloth, the deck is mounted under the dash and will be removed (bracket and all) when on show. I just dropped her off at Perth Smash Repair, they are finishing off the paint and fixing all the little blemishes cased after 5 years in the shed. They will also get their window guy to fit all the rubbers and windows properly (I'd done a crap job trying to remake the rear quarter window rubbers). To reduce the cost a little they will be keeping her for the next month or 2 and working on her between jobs. So this should mean I have her back on the road and gleaming by November!
-
What Is The Best Way To Remove Only One Layer Of Paint From Whole Car?
I used chemical stripper, no harm to the metal at all but was a messy time consuming job!
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
-
Project "rust Bucket" Is Here.
Lovely looking bucket of rust! Keen to follow this thread, love the lost causes :lol:
-
Building Ultimate 5K
It makes plenty of sense, someone will buy your weber setup.... go the quads!!
- Stupid Question, But How Do I Take Off Window Winders On Ke55
-
82 Corona/corolla, Same Thing?
I thought all Australian T3's had the missfire holden engines??
-
"overrated" Condition
Power mods to my 4k!! Mmm yes please :P
-
1jz Ke55
Very tidy. I'm almost ready to send my car off to the sparky myself!
-
My 93' Corolla From New Zealand
Hard decision, I like both.
-
300Rwkw In Ke20
Well done! Such a tidy build.
-
Air Filter Gets Black Quick
OK not familiar with the engine in your car but on the K engine (and the 4ac engine) there is a PCV valve and a hose coming out of the middle/back of the top of your rocker cover. disconnect that hose from your air filter housing (not sure if it is ok to just plug this or if you need to at least let it drain??). As suggested you may want to connect it to a bottle instead so you can see what is coming out (be careful that it isn't left touching something that gets hot). This will stop the filter getting covered in oil and blowback as quickly but does not address the issue of why it is happening!
-
1jz Ke55
Great work as always!
-
Random Photo Thread
Very nice!! That was my dream car in high school.
-
Murd's 55
I'm sure it'll come up great with your skills. Keen to see the new plans!!
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
-
Murd's 55
Great to see you back! I really hope you get back into the 55, she really is a beauty. No shame in mothballing her for a while... (says the guy who hasn't advanced his build in 3 years :( ). From memory there wasn't much to do on her, just prep & paint?
-
Random Photo Thread
Young guy at work has plates NVFXU on his commodore ute... no, no it doesn't.
-
George - The Ke18 Wagon Has A New Home
Very nice!
-
What Makes You Happy Thread
WMMH apparently my KE10 has doubled in value recently given current asking prices... :hmm: Are they really selling for more that $5k for a stock (rough, unrestored) one??
-
overrated Ke25, Adelaide
I've seen pics of this thing before, sooo tidy
-
overrated Ke25, Adelaide
Agreed, PICS!!
-
1jz Ke55
This thing is mental! I can't wait to see this thing do a run!!
- How Not To Build A Rally Car
- How Not To Build A Rally Car